Tuesday, January 4, 2011

The Awakening Response

At the beginning of this novel, I felt like nothing bad was going to happen because they were on a getaway for the summer. Nothing really tends to go wrong when you are on vacation for the summer. I felt like Edna was not faithful to her husband at all because she kept flirting with other guys and spending more time with them then she did her own husband. Also, I felt like Edna didn't care much for her kids because one night her husband told her that one of her kids had a fever and she reacted by not caring much about it at all. Edna seemed like she was the type of person who cared about herself and did only what she wanted to do. I felt like her husband would let her get away with anything because he thought she was going mad. I felt like Edna was a different person when she hung out with Robert and I think that both Robert and Edna should have been honest from the beginning about how they felt about each other. Edna showed that she really enjoyed being without her husband when she was alone in their house when he was on a business trip. The first thing she said was that she enjoyed the time to herself. Towards the end of the novel I felt like Robert and Edna were really going to be together once they admitted their feelings towards each other. In the end, I felt like Edna was happy with her life so I was surprised when she drowned herself.

No comments:

Post a Comment